So here we are, mid-January. You're proving to slip by just as fast as I thought you would - and if you were anything like last year, that is pretty dag fast. [Note: "dag" is my it word. "Dagger" is also a rad modification, but I seriously will use this word a lot as it encompasses so much.]
First, an update on my weekend.
Well, wait. I have this dilemma...
See, I was wondering how the heck I'm going to document life when it seems to slip by so fast and I forget to post pictures and fun memories.
So as of today, I'm establishing a Muesday post. What is Muesday, you ask? Well, a certain BFF of mine would regularly lament with me in BFF fashion about how our weeks were going. A common theme was feeling very "Monday" on any other day of the week. (Except weekends, of course, because that would be impossible and sad.) Like the clever ladies we are, we began replacing the original letter of the day with an M, thus forming a combination Monday-non-Monday monster day! Examples include Mump Day and Mursday. Fridays pretty rarely had a Monday haze to them but we would feel very Monday on Tuesday quite often. So Muesday was really our main scapegoat in which we blamed all negative things in the week on. (Muesday, we shake our fist at you.) And today is really a double Muesday because yesterday was a holiday.
Anyway, on to the Muesday update, aka my weekend. Things I loved:
- Parking my car in DC on Friday evening and not setting foot in it again until Monday morning. Yay, walking!
- Scary movies on Fridays snuggled up by the fire :) This time it was The Descent, recommended to me by my cousin and her fiance. It's a horror movie about spelunkers. You know, crazy/insane people who feel the need to explore dark, damp caves? I am claustrophobic so needless to say, it was terrifying.
- Walking all over Logan, all over Chinatown. Not feeling my hands after a while because it was so frigid.
- Olivia and I had dinner at Thai Xing (amazing and unique) with my roomie and her friend from out of town. It's a really cool place in Shaw (nice to get some grit every now and again) and it's BYOB and spicy. Also in a cute row house that the owners live in. We essentially ate dinner in their living room!
- After dinner, we saw Girl With the Dragon Tattoo - the American version that probably cost a thousand times more than the Swedish. It was quite captivating. I thought it did a better job than the Swedish film in many ways but there is still something more true to the culture that I would attribute to the Swedish version. (I also love Noomi Rapace, but hey, who asked...) They stayed pretty true to the book, which I know is hard and I'm sure is also why it was nearly 3 hours long. For an epic-ally long movie, I was entranced the entire time. Rooney Mara was excellent.
- Sunday we had brunch with friends at Birch & Barley - if you are ever in DC, they are amazing and have a great bar called ChurchKey upstairs. On Sundays, they have a boozy brunch. We got kind of tipsy off bloody mary's. They did run out of some things in the kitchen from being so busy, so they kept sending over extra (free) food. I spent the rest of the day immobile with a stomach ache. Too much rich food in the weekend after eating so healthy last week. I think that's a good thing but I'll take it easier next weekend!
Sad to see the weekend go but excited for the week to come!
No comments:
Post a Comment